Saturday, January 23, 2010

Trip Preparation

I've created this blog for Josh and I to share our experiences traveling around the world during the first half of 2010. I'm endeavoring to make it easy and painless for all our friends and family to subscribe to this blog using Facebook, LiveJournal, or E-Mail. We'll see how it goes.

The background of the trip, for those who don't already know, is that Josh and I quit our jobs on January 8th and have moved all our stuff to my parents' shed in Oregon. Having thus shed most of our regular financial responsibilities, we are now preparing to depart on January 31st for a Northern Hemisphere around-the-world trip. We plan to return in time for my childhood friend Sarah's wedding on July 10th, and then hope to acquire jobs in the Portland area before the money runs out.

Our rough itinerary so far is as follows:

  • 4 weeks in India
  • 2-4 weeks in Southeast Asia (Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, and maybe more)
  • 4 weeks in China
  • 3 weeks in Turkey
  • 5-7 weeks in Europe with an emphasis on Greece and Italy, and a side trip to Egypt to see the pyramids

1 comment: